Education + Experience + Passion
places our whole team
at the top of the professional chain in
WELLNESS-FIRST Functional & Naturopathic Medicine.
Dr. Tracy McAlvanah Clinical Director
Dr. Tracy McAlvanah is a certified Functional Medicine Specialist who has been practicing natural healthcare in the Atlanta area for over fifteen years.
Education and advanced training
- Kalish Institute of Functional Medicine – Mentorship and Advanced Certification
- Advanced AutoImmune and Functional Medicine Strategies – Apex Energetics – Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- Doctorate of Chiropactic, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Life University
- Bachelor of Arts – Economics and Finance, Rutgers University
- Certified in the “Brimhall Six Steps to Wellness”
- Certified in Bio-Energetic Balancing using, SpectraVision, a cutting-edge biofeedback technology
Dr. McAlvanah is a Functional Medicine Specialist with advanced training through the Kalish Institute of Functional Medicine. She holds Advanced Certification in the Kalish Method. For most of her clinical career, she’s worked in Integrated Medicine (combing both traditional and natural medicine) and has much experience helping patients with chronic health challenges as well as helping clients achieve optimal wellness and peak performance.
What she’s passionate about – helping others prevent needless suffering!
She is living proof that Functional Medicine works! Dr. McAlvanah comes from “bad genes”. Most members of her family are plagued by chronic pain and arthritis; yet she feels great and is pain-free. She has watched loved ones suffer with debilitating arthritis, autoimmune conditions and even cancer. She knows that these chronic conditions can be prevented and/or managed best with Functional Medicine strategies. Knowing that she can play a part in reducing pain and suffering in the world is what fuels her passion to practice natural healthcare!
Dr. McAlvanah lives in East Cobb, an Atlanta suburb, has a wonderful husband and enjoys raising two amazing kids and one crazy-fun English Springer Spaniel. She loves doing anything outdoors. During her time off, she is happiest at the beach.
Rebecca Fallon Lead Health Coach
Originally pursuing a degree in nursing, Rebecca became disheartened by the over reliance on prescription medications in lieu of actual health transformation. Drawn to functional wellness and medicine with it’s focus on treating the whole person and addressing root causes, Rebecca sought training with the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. Now as a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, Rebecca integrates the art of health and wellness coaching with the principles of Functional Medicine, Functional Nutrition, Positive Psychology and Mind-Body Medicine.
Rebecca has pursued classes and training in health and wellness for over a decade. Having joined WMSOA in 2015, her mission has been to inspire and equip others with tools of wellness by partnering for success as a health coach and health resource. Rebecca enjoys using a holistic approach to health and wellness; looking at how all areas of a patient’s life are connected. Is a stressful job or relationship causing you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? As Rebecca works with patients, she looks at how all parts of life affect health as a whole.
Her joy is working with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results. Rebecca’s belief in the power of food as medicine sparks her passion for cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, often recruiting one of her 3 kids to be sous chef or at least dishwasher.
Founder, Dr. Brad Bongiovanni Medical Director
Dr. Bongiovanni’s founded the practice back in 2004, after 7 years in practice at larger, integrative medicine clinics.
(9+ year of scientific/medical school education)
- B.S. with Honors in Biology, Minor in Chemistry; University of Richmond, VA
- N.D. (Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine); National College of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR
- One of only 5 accredited naturopathic medical schools in the U.S.
- 2 REQUIRED questions to ask before selecting your Naturopathic Doctor
- Family Practice Residency; National College of Natural Medicine, Portland OR
(25+ years in medicine, research and medical education)
- E.M.T. certification, 1990
- Medical research assistant under Dr. Margaret Bieber, Medical College of Virginia, 1991-1992
- Dr. Bieber’s researched focused on stress and the serotonergic system
- Volunteer, Emergency Room, St. Mary’s Hospital, 1991-1992
- Physical Therapy Assistant, Alta Bates Hospital System, Berkeley, CA, 1992
- Clinical Rotations, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, 1993-1997
- Staff Physician, Wellspace, Cambridge, MA, 1998-2000
- Large, integrative, multidisciplinary wellness center
- Staff Physician, NuBasX Medical Center, Norcross, GA, 2000-2003
- Integrative functional medicine practice
- Clinical Laboratory Specialist, Metametrix Clinical Laboratory, 2000-2003
- Functional medicine laboratory
- Staff Physician, PATH Medical, New York City, 2004
- Worked with Eric Braverman, MD, neuroscience expert/author of the “Edge Effect”
- Founder, Medical Director, Wholistic Medicine Specialists of Atlanta, Alpharetta, GA, 2004-present
3 published, peer-reviewed medical articles
- Stress and the brain: How hormones and neuroactive steroids affect development of psychiatric illness
- Life Extension Magazine, 2004 Feb; 79-86.
- Amino Acid Profiling: Clinical guidelines for determination of preferred specimen choice.
- Life Extension Magazine, 2004 Feb; 79-86.
- Estrogen metabolism and the diet-cancer connection.
- Alternative Medicine Review, 2002 Apr;7(2):112-29.
- Helping people
- Personal transformation
- Natural health and medicine
- Clinical neuroscience
- Nutritional psychiatry
- Orthomolecular medicine
- Precision medicine
- Holistic medicine
- Functional medicine
- Integrative medicine
- Mentors/Inspired by:
- Andrew Weil, MD
- Bernie Siegel, MD
- Larry Dossey, MD
- Deepak Chopra, MD
- John Lee, MD
- Dick Thom, ND
- Eric Braverman, MD