- Who is the ideal person for your wellness services?
The ideal practice member does not have to be perfect, or a foodie, or an already clean eater, or a yoga enthusiast. The ideal person is someone who wants to feel good in their body and wants to STAY feeling that way as long as they live. They do not have to know anything already, but they must be ready, willing, and able to take action on the experience, expertise and information provided by our team.
This is not a natural quick fix approach, where we try to replace herbs and vitamins for your prescriptions medications. We are experts in the pillars of a scientifically-validated healthy lifestyle, and our team is dedicated to transferring that knowledge and experience to you so you can essentially become independently healthy and learn to implement a sustainable change to your lifestyle that is consistent with a long, healthy, active and vibrant life!
- Do you treat (insert your condition)?
- First and foremost, we help you achieve wellness so you can feel good, and live a long life in a healthy body. If you have a diagnosis, we prefer to treat their CAUSES, not their symptoms. We want to know what your symptoms are, but instead of labelling them and being done, we want to understand the underlying causes such as food sensitivities, hormone imbalance, vitamin deficiency, genetic variants, etc. Once we uncover the causes, we CAN correct them. Once we correct them, you will begin to feel better.
- What should I expect at my initial WELLNESS CONSULTATION?
- First and perhaps foremost, to be listened to. At your introductory consult with us, you will be given an opportunity to discuss your personal health goals with us. Our team will review your case, any recent labwork, your medications and/or supplements. And then together, we will discuss and agree on your goals and how to achieve them, leaving that day with a profound understanding of what your path back to wellness might look like, and how to move forward in making it happen!
- Should I bring anything with me to my initial WELLNESS CONSULTATION?
- We ask that you supply ALL pertinent medical records, supplements, medication and lab test results when you submit your health history forms. The more prepared and organized you are, the more effective and efficient your time with our expert team will be.
- How long should I expect my actual appointments to last?
- We realize it is not the norm, but we are great at starting on time for your appointments. Expect your initial consult to last approximately 30-60 minutes in total. Once you become a member of our practice, the length of follow up appointments is generally also 30-60 minutes (sometimes less, sometimes more, if needed).
- Does your office take insurance for your services?
- Insurance coverage is dictated by the carriers themselves in the state of Georgia; THEY have chosen not to offer reimbursement or coverage for our services. Our practice is structured to accept all traditional forms of payment. If you have an FSA (flexible spending account) or HSA (health savings account), all of our services including laboratory tests and supplements are ELIGIBLE expenses! Read one of our most popular blog posts for more insight, Do you have health insurance or DISEASE insurance?
- Is the investment in your wellness services affordable?
We offer a wide array of wellness support options, but no matter what option is chosen, we offer monthly payment options that can accommodate almost any monthly budget.
We do offer special bundling discounts that allow us to harness our signature approach in helping ensure your body has optimally functioning digestive and detoxification systems, while providing the opportunity to access tools, technologies, resources, and community partners to further deepen and develop your level of wellness..AND give you a discount in the process! You can learn more about this during your introductory consultation with our team.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept, cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover card. We also have installment and financing options in place.
- Is lab testing covered by health insurance?
- We are an insurance-free practice.
- Can I use my HSA (health savings account) or FSA (flexible spending account)?
- Yes, everything we do here, including consultations, lab tests and recommended supplements are eligible expenses!
- Does your office offer single lab tests or a-la-carte testing?
- We do NOT offer a-la-carte testing, as we have learned this does not serve our practice members’ best interests, and does not allow for a full 360′ approach that our practice model is built on. If we are going to address the root causes of your health issues, we will need to take a more comprehensive approach, which generally means a significant amount of testing, some of which may be standard while most of which is more alternative or functional in nature, in addition to evaluation of the other crucial lifestyle pillars that must be in place to expect a great wellness outcome.
- What are your office hours?
- Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 9 AM-5 PM, but all consultations are by appointment only.
- Do I still need a primary care physician?
- Yes, we do not provide acute care services and we do not replace the services that your current primary care medical team provides. We will ALWAYS communicate with your existing healthcare providers, to the level that you desire and/or are comfortable.
- Will I see other practitioners?
- Your care will be coordinated by one of our doctors and one of our health coaches, and for some who also are doing neurofeedback, you will be have a neurofeedback specialist as well! Refreshing, we know! On occasion, our team may refer you to other healthcare partners, such as specialists, therapists, chiropractors or whatever your situation may dictate. These referrals are outside our practice, and are discussed in the context of what is in your best interest.
- Does your office accept patients that live in other cities/countries?
- Yes, but we require at least one face-face visit for the initial consultation, after which we can work with any person in any state by phone or Skype.
- What kinds of laboratory assessments do you offer?
We offer the following laboratory evaluations, but the list below is meant to demonstrate the full potential of services available. It should not be implied that every patient will receive every service or laboratory test. Our specialty is in fact customizing which patients require and will benefit from specific services and/or tests!
- Food sensitivity testing (more than simple skin tests or serum IgE)
- Gluten sensitivity testing
- Leaky gut testing
- Neurotransmitter (brain chemical) testing
- Nutritional testing (via blood and urine)
- Thyroid profiling that is comprehensive beyond just a screening TSH
- Hormone (thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, stress hormones such as cortisol, DHEA) evaluation (via blood, urine or saliva)
- Specific vitamin testing (via blood)
- Inflammatory marker testing
- Digestive function testing — Intestinal microbial evaluation (via stool or urine)
- Mitochondrial function testing