Dr. Brad Bongiovanni
Dr. Brad Bongiovanni is an accomplished Naturopathic Physician with an extraordinary background. As founder and Chief Performance Officer of Wholistic Medicine Specialists of Atlanta, Dr. Bongiovanni is famous for combining innovative laboratory and genomic assessments with cutting-edge natural medicines to help serious individuals and professional athletes improve their performance while extending their careers, all while staying 100% compliant in their chosen sport/field. He’s made regular media appearances in Portland, OR, Boston, MA and Atlanta, GA with his most recent appearance for CNN.
Dr. Bongiovanni is committed to a philosophy where he sees health as more than just the absence of disease, but a true function of participation in life. This manifests in a practice style that incorporates conventional Naturopathic medicine with wellness lifestyle curricula focused on helping his patients implement a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Bongiovanni earned his B.S. degree from the University of Richmond and then his Naturopathic Medicine degree from NCNM in 1997, as well as a residency in 1998. Dr. Bongiovanni has an extraordinary background in clinical medicine, laboratory medicine, global CME, corporate/executive strategy, and transpersonal psychology. He currently serves on the Advisory Board for an education company specializing in assessment and correction of HPA axis function.
- Stress and Athletic Performance: Assessment and Correction of HPA Axis Functionality in the Competitive Athlete
- password: athletehpa
- The Biology of Burnout: Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disorder
- password: SEIDbon
- PsychoNeuroEndocrinology 2.0: Mastering the Functional Assessment and Correction of HPA – T Imbalanced Patients
- password: HPATmood517
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WMSOA
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WMSOA
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/drbradbongiovanni
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drbradbongiovanni
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/101741932179168395916/posts
- Life Extension Magazine, 2004 Feb; 79-86.
- Stress and the brain: How hormones and neuroactive steroids affect development of psychiatric illness
- Townsend Letter for Doctors, 2003 Dec; 249:128
- Amino Acid Profiling: Clinical guidelines for determination of preferred specimen choice.
- Alternative Medicine Review, 2002 Apr;7(2):112-29
- Estrogen metabolism and the diet-cancer connection.
- Book & Magazine Contributions
- Publix Healthwise Magazine, Doctor’s Book of Home Remedies, Natural Health, Prevention, Shape, Family Circle
- Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy, Northeastern University, Bastyr University
- Medical Conferences
- Functional Medicine Forum, U.S. Tour, 2003-2004
- Nortel, GTE, Lotus Corp, National Arthritis Foundation
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND), June 1997
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland, OR
- Residency in Family Practice, 1998
- Bachelor of Science, Biology (with Honors), May 1992
- University of Richmond, VA